Thursday 1 May 2014

FMP - Chatting and Printing

Today I had a crit with Dan we discussed where I am at the moment as I didn't see him last week. He told me he thinks that the pieces that are based on me look better and are stronger than the Kusama influenced ones, which I agree with. I felt as though those pages looked separate and didn't really unify well with the others. I think the Kusama has has helped me a lot thought my testing stage but now I now I need to base my project more on me. I will still have influences by from Kusama in the form of dots and repetition but I won't include her photographs and trademark colours in as much.

These are the ones that Dan felt were more successful:






I'm going to change the layout, colours and text of some though, so these are not final.

I'm going to make more  collages that are similar to the ones above. I decided that I'll put my animation film on hold for a few days just until I've made my collages, taken more photographs and edited them on photoshop. I need to complete all of this before as I need to send them off to get printed.

Dan was also really helpful and showed me how to make gifs on Photoshop which is great as I can probably use that as a substitute for Final Cut Pro and PowerPoint. But I don't think i'll play around with that till next week until everything else is complete.

After our chat I went to the library to find some more flower books to photocopy and printed some things out to collage.

Over the weekend I'm planning to:

  • Make more collages
  • Go to the library to scan my collages in
  • Edit them on Photoshop
  • Write my text 

Hopefully I will be able to finish all of this before next Wednesday so I can show Dan for a final briefing and then send them off to get printed the following Thirsday. When that's all complete i'll update in my next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment