Sunday 4 May 2014

FMP - Final Dust Cover Plans

I know I keep changing my mind between making postcards or a book but I have decided to finally keep it as a book. This is because I think the message and the text will communicate better in a book as it's hard to show the whole text on a single postcard. I may still make a few postcards to display for my final pieces but i'll just print them in Uni rather than paying for them to get print. Plus the postcards will probably just have my title printed on them. I'm hoping to order my book off the website albelli.co.uk as they are offering what I need and at a reasonable price. The book size I've chose is 13.3cm x 10cm and is landscape. 


The book cover is linen and they're are a range of colours. I'm thinking of picking the white-grey or the light grey. I'm also hoping to print one of my designs and lasercut onto a piece of acetate in Uni to use as a dust jacket. Which was influence by the 'Explore Everything: Place-Hacking the City' by Bradley L. Garrett book I saw when I was doing research at Foyles a couple of weeks ago. I decided to add the acetate idea because the linen cover is a bit boring and isn't very inviting. So hopefully it will look very visually pleasing. 
I'm hoping that the laser cutter can cut into acetate over wise i'm just going to have use keep it at the printing on acetate idea. Hopefully if I have any extra time I will go up to the prototyping room and ask one of the techs up there and see if I can try it out. 

My exterior acetate idea is influenced by Bradley L. Garrett's book cover I saw at my research trip to  Foyles a few weeks ago

I'm also still panning to get some stickers printed. So just to clarify I will hopefully have a book, stickers and animation film and maybe postcards and posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment