Saturday 17 May 2014

FMP - Viewing Final Book and Stickers

My final book and stickers arrived on Friday so this is a quick review on them. 

The stickers printed great, the colours also look good except the lilac/blue one is a tiny bit dark which makes it harder to read the text. I don't really like the book the stickers came in as the green doesn't match my colour scheme. So I need to come up with a better way to present them which should be easy as they are just stapled together. At the moment I'm thinking of having a clear perspex with a sign to say 'help yourself' or creating a background to pin them onto.

I'm pleased with my book but not chuffed. The grey linen cover is a bit different than I expected it to be. The cover is quite grainy which is why I had to scrap the idea of printing my dust cover onto acetate as it was hard to see the transparent bits clearly. The paper of the book is printed onto a good quality paper however I regret printing onto gloss paper as I feel it makes the pages look like gloss photograph paper rather than a gloss page book. I was thinking of returning the book and getting it reprinted onto matte paper but was worried about time, however, the gloss pages have grown on me. The colours have also been printed a bit darker than I was expecting. I knew the colours would vary but the Albelli website stated the pages would print a bit clearer due with gloss which was what was I hoping for but obviously didn't happen. 

These are my stickers:





This is my book (pictured a couple of pages):







No comments:

Post a Comment