Wednesday 30 April 2014

FMP - Talking and Messing Around

Today I talked to Sarah about my project so far, I told her what i'm up to and where i'm heading. We discussed the text that would go  been shown in my film and in my book and I told her that I'm still looking for the text I want to include. Sarah suggested that I should probably just right my own text on the message that I want to put across and just make it personal seeing as most of the artwork is personal to me. So i'm going to sit down and write my own text over the weekend. We also talked about my animation film and she said that some of my artwork pieces didn't really show the message that I wanted to show. For example this one.


So she suggested that I insert a clip of me biting my gums and other things that may relate to my film to indicate the meaning of my art, which I think was a good suggestion.

I decided to start test my animation film today as planned. I spent a couple of hours trying to figure out Final Cut Pro  but really just couldn't remember how to use it. It also seemed harder to work with my graphics in the software. I then tried out imovie which seemed easier but the effects they supplies were really basic and I just didn't feel confident by it. After panicking for a bit I decided to try out PowerPoint, I know its not that sophisticated but I just felt I needed to use something that I knew my way around and really didn't want waste time before it was to late. So I spent the rest of the day just separating the layers of my artwork on Photoshop and the importing the separate layers into Powerpoint. I also thought that I could always import my slides in Final Cut Pro and add some short video clips to my animation if I wanted later as that would easier for me to do.

This is my animation film so far, it's still very rough and I need to add more text and edit some of the transitions times.


Overall i'm pretty happy on what I completed today. Tomorrow I'm going to add more slides to my animation film and see Dan for my weekly crit

No comments:

Post a Comment