Wednesday 23 April 2014

FMP - Paintng Stick Men and Creating Samples

So in today's lesson I started it with some painting with ink. I didn't really want to paint the usual eyes so I decided to paint people as I find how they act and move around interesting as a onlooker. I got body references from student and teachers around me and from looking out the window. I decided to paint in black as its my favourite 'colour' plus I think it look simple and neat. I also thought black works well with my Kusama influenced colours plus I can easily change the colours of Photoshop if need be. 







The figures body shapes are Giacometti inspired as I studied him for my A2 History of Art exam which I found really insightful and I like the way his figures referenced to being anonymous which meant they could relate to anyone.
Tall Woman III. Tall Man II and Monumental Head, Alberto Giacometti
I didn't include these painting in my Photoshop samples (details in next post) today as I thought I might leave them to include in my final pieces and create new material to include these in with.

No comments:

Post a Comment