Wednesday 16 April 2014

FMP - Patternssssssssssssssssssssssssss and Processsssssssssssssssssssssssss

 Today's lesson I went back to the the obsession and repetitiveness idea that is seen In Yayoi Kusama's work and thought I would go into that a bit more. I also wanted to look more into Outsider Art which and cover the making of art can be fo anyone so it can help deal with personal issues.

 From the questionnaires I made to give out to fellow art student to fill out I included a section on the back that got them to doodle the favourite obsessions, fears and patterns ect. and decided to use these doodles to create patterns and to record my repetitiveness.

These are the doodle from the art students:






I wanted to do this today because as I feel after taking to Suzie, researching and reading about Outsider Art it is important to show that anyone can do it whether you are an artist or not. I think that it's more the effect of making something rather than the result of the art piece which is key and I wanted to create and show the process of that today and then possibly use my results in later work.
Here's me drawing and repeating the polka dots:

I'm planning on using the patterns and screenshots in collages and distorting them in Photoshop next week or maybe at a later date

Video screenshots



All the repetitive patterns I made today

When I got home I decided to record my self hanging up my final pattern on the wall. I felt by doing this it ended my process and showed my art as a piece of finished artwork.
Me placing my patterns on a wall to signify a piece of finished Outsider Art

I do like the result of my day but I think they are quite detached from each other. I think i'm going to do a bit more by maybe mixing and layering them together so there not so separate and including them in my other work. I'll probably do this using the photocopier and scanning them into Photoshop and changing them up a bit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment