Tuesday 22 April 2014

FMP - Once again more collages

So today as planned I made more collages from all the stuff I did over the weekend. I printed my screen shots and photos in a range of sizes and colours so it would give me variation in my work. In each of the collages I tried to mix all the work I've made so far together. I've tried to include:

  • A series of images of myself
  • Some of my hand drawn repetitive patterns
  • My eye illustrations











My friend took out a Wild Flowers book from the library and it immediately called to me as so I decided to add photocopy some of the pages onto tracing paper to layer and add to my collages. I decided to including the floral pages as I really do love flowers and nature and it has a sense of peace to me. 

After thinking about the importance of adding flowers to me I realised that maybe I should make the collages personal to me. I think it's easier to make them personal to me than trying to find someone or something to base it on thoroughly as it's easier to get references. I also think mixing the flowers with my illustrations and the photos of me work well together and are sort of a personal portrait of my work, emotions and passions. So with the decision of making these portrait collages it shows how other people how simple it can be to make artwork to represent them and help them deal with their issues.

I will still include references and influences from Kusama and de Waal as their work and wisdom have helped me with this project and myself which makes it personal and will have a great contribution to my work.

I also went to the library and picked up two books from the 'School of Life' series I saw when I went to Foyles a few weeks ago. I picked the 'How to Stay Sane' and 'How to be Alone', so i'm hoping I'll find some interesting stuff or text to include in my work.


In tomorrows lesson I am going to paint a few illustrations as I think I could make them into repetitive patterns for the background of my collages as some of them are a bit boring on a white background. I don't think that will take the whole day so I may start creating some samples on Photoshop with all my scanned work.


No comments:

Post a Comment