Tuesday 29 April 2014

FMP - My weekend of work

So I didn't manage to do everything I planned to do over the weekend but I did mange to make some more collages. Some of them are similar to the ones I made before but I just thought it's better to have more so when it comes to to my final stuff I have more to choose from. Also some of the collages are a bit simple but I think they can just be backgrounds or I can add photos later.




I didn't manage to record do anything, one because I was too busy and I didn't know what I wanted to record myself doing. However I have got an idea of recording my feet to link with a problem of me looking at the ground when i'm walking because I sometimes lack confidence to look at people when i'm outside. My recordings are also on hold because my camera's not working and i'm waiting to get my iPhone which I'm going to have by Thursday so I can record stuff on that because it's easy to transport plus the cameras pretty good on it.

I did start to do some research on short films and content. At the moment I like the Eurostar's 2014 adverts format. I like how it's the clips are short and simple but really effective. I feel as though the handmade video style would work for my project as it's another form of making art which the viewer may want to try out. I also like the dialogue of the advert, it has the message that, you could do anything and it could change your life and be really enjoyable.


I've also been watching YouTube videos on why to make art and one of Kusama's short documentaries called Yayoi Kusama: Self Obliteration caught my interest. I like how the short film starts with a poem that is pictured line by line with the over voice of Kusama reading it. I also like how words that describe Kusama and her work is slowly flashed on the screen and then it speeds up to become a blue. The quickening of the words can demonstrates Kusama's mind set and makes you feel like yours going through a frenzy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment