Saturday 14 September 2013

The Photography Gallery


Visited The Photography Gallery today as we had to go before we start our Lens Based Media. The two exhibitions that we one was Mass Observation: This is Your Photo and Deed Not Words. I didn't like these exhibitions as much as the V&A's Making it Up: Photographic Fiction as I didn't find the photographs as aesthetically pleasing which meant I didn't really want to read into them. I did however like Julian Trevelgan's Suitcase, 1938 which was in the Mass Observation: This is Your Photo exhibition. This piece was a mixed media artwork which was a brown vintage suitcase filled with old newspaper and magazine clippings, photographs, scraps of paper and a doily. I liked it because it was a bit more than just a photograph but a suitcase filed with documents that had photographs on them. 

Here is the available booklet and some notes I made on it:





There was also a poster for the visitors to take. It contained 2 A2 prints of  Mark Neville's photos and some smaller ones on the reverse:



I liked Stevens Funfair, 2010 (pictured belwo) and Willow Place Shopping Centre, 2010 from Mark Neville's exhbition because of there edits. I really like photographs that are either black & white or really vibrant. I liked Willow Place Shopping Centre because of the colours which were lime green, black and cream. 

My museum sketch book






No comments:

Post a Comment