Saturday 7 September 2013

Day 3: Timeline


On day 3 we had to produce timelines illustrating our week. First I decide to make a list of my days from this week and what task I need to complete. I decided to illustrate my time lines in a variety of ways measuring in tasks and times.

List of task from Week 1

I illustrated this timeline by translating my task into seconds and then drawing a line for that amount of seconds. For example 3 tasks = 3 seconds. To improve it next time I would probably make it neater and use bolder colours for it to stand up more. I also think it would look good if I it displayed take over a number of day or weeks ect.

This time line was illustrated by the time it took me to do each task. Each pink circle illustrated 10 minuets 

This timeline shows my task in coloured blocks

This timeline was intended for more aesthetic purposes and each task represented a petal on the flower. I was inspired by the graphic designer, Stefanie Pasavec my tutor Andy presented to us in the beginning of the lesson. She takes words and displays them in flower like illustrations. 

This timeline was illustrated in words in a rectangular box.

This timeline was measured in my exhaustion. For example the a full circle would of been a tiring day (which was day 2, visiting the museum because I had been walking around all day!) 

The timeline repented the order I drew my sketches on day 1

After I finished my timeline I photocopied them all and made a collage to illustrate how my day/week was measured in a variety of ways not just in time.

Here is me in the process of producing my collage it was originally on to pages but I didn't like the empty space so I tore out the second page and incorporated it into the first page to make it look more full. 




No comments:

Post a Comment