Thursday 12 September 2013

Day 4: Graphics - Experimental Drawings

Today was our first day of doing Graphics. In today's lesson we had to do a number of experimental drawings. The aim of the experimental drawings was to think of a broader way of drawing instead of the conventional way.


 The first task was to look at the person sitting opposite us which was Alice for me. We then had to look at there face for 30 seconds and then draw there face for two minuets with out eye closed. It was quite difficult to do because I couldn't see where I drew her favial features so I had to guess. I think I got the facial features done well seeing as I couldn't see! Although straight away I noticed that I didn't put enough pressure on my pen so I you can't really see the drawing so well. But I quite like it like this I think it shows my awareness of the task.
Drawing No. 1 - Black fine liner - Alice
The second drawing we had t draw with out opposite hand which was my right hand. I drew Natasha, I don't think it turned out too bad it just looks like a rough sketch.

Drawing No.2 - Sharpie - Natasha
 Drawing number 3 we had to draw with our mouth.  Natasha lent me her felt tip for this task so I was held it with my teeth as I didn't think she would appreciate my whole mouth on it, so I was trying hart not to dribble on my paper!  I don't think this drawing went bad either, I don't think anyone would notice I drew it with my mouth if I didn't tell them.
Drawing No.3 - Felt tip - Freja
For this drawing we had to draw ourselves with a continuous line. I don't think it looks like me and I thought this task the most boring out of all them.

Drawing No.5 - Biro - Me
 For the final drawing we had to draw someone ear. I think this task was the most simplest/normal except for the task of drawing an ear. I always avoid drawing ears as they're difficult to draw but I don't think this attempt of an ear went that bad. I think next time I should do a bit more shading to create more depth though.

Drawing No.5 - Sharpie - Natasha
 After lunch we had to make a new face with a collage with pictures of famous peoples head we had to collect prior to the lesson. I photocopied most of my heads into different sizes and colours.


This is my finished piece I used a base image then worked from there. I tried using a mixture of coloured images and black and white images so all the features didn't merge together. I also repeated some of the faces and added several facial features.


After I finished my collage I had create a 3cm x 3cm view finder and then see what different images we could create from out of my collage. When I found a section that I liked I then has to draw/paint the section in our sketchbook.







Drawing Inks
I picked a section that had a mix between colour and black and white.





No comments:

Post a Comment