Thursday 12 September 2013

Day 5: Graphics - Typography

Today our lesson was based on typography. We first had to make a list on how we could make shapes, we then had to illustrate letters in different ways:


After that task i had to choose one of the letter I liked and then develop it into the whole alphabet and numbers. I chose the 'x' that I made by punching holes through.




I used a pencil and a piece of blue tack to puncture the holes. I didn't puncture the whole right through as I like the embossed feature it left on the reverse: 


After I felt as that you could't seen the font clearly but you could feel it more clearly. I liked the thought of it enhancing other senses and interacting with it in a way blind people may see/use it.

To then develop it more I photocopied it and then puncture then wholes with a sharpie so I could leave a trace on a piece of paper underneath it. To me the dotted lettering could be how a glasses wearer sight could naturally look like.



After lunch we had to illustrate a word that could represent our future. I chose the word 'confidence' as personally I feel I need to develop more confidence to be successful in my future. I wrote confidence in uppercase bold font as I think it illustrates the word. Inside of the letters I repeatedly wrote words how I feel at the moment e.g. shy, unsure, doubt. I want all those feelings to hopefully to turn into confidence in the future.









No comments:

Post a Comment