Saturday 28 September 2013

Day 12 : Fashion & Textiles - Final Garment

Today we had to design our final garments I decided to make a statement necklace. I decided to add all the styles of my paper sample I had been creating over the week. I include the paper fan, paper spring and cut out for my garment. I wanted to have a mixture of styles in my piece.


This was my base

I then added a second fan, which was held up by string

The paper spring was situated at the back of my garment and was to act a a fastening but also as a decorative piece.

I added cut outs as I like the look of them and to me is a good factor of paper garments

This was my finished product:


I was happy with my finished piece as it showed what I illustrated in my plan. It also displayed the different styles I wanted to include. I think if i had to include it next time i would make the base a bit more narrower and I would probably add a bit more cut outs. However I am please with my finished garment.

In my next bog post I will upload photos of Unissa modeling my statement necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment