Tuesday 3 September 2013

Day 1: 10 Drawings from my Past, Present and Future

Prior to day 1 I had to collect 10 items from my past, present and future. I selected a photo, note pad, headphones, eyeliner, lip balm, a magazine, my museum sketchbook, drawing ink, a envelope and some cards with my favorite colour and pattern.

This was the my desk filled with my items
The task of the day was to produce a number of drawing of my objects. I managed to do 12 drawings in different styles and mediums. I mostly just used a pencils, a sharpie and coloured fine liners. I also used some of my objects to record my sketches. For example I drew around objects to make them life size, I used my eyeliner to draw the eyeliner of the an eye and I used the lip balm to replicate the content of my lip balm sketch. I am pleased with what I managed to do and thought it was a success as I felt I reordered my past, present and future in simple sketches. Next time to improve I think I'll add a bit more bolder colour with felt tips or colour pencils as most of the drawing a just simple or black and white. I think I need to learn how to use the right amount of colour in my work because I feel I always use to much colour or too little.

These are the drawing I liked overall

I drew a to do list because I enjoy writing list and I like being organised 

Black and green are my favourite colours. Plus black and floral are what colour/patterns I prefer on my clothing 

I love music and think it represents my past and present

When I was younger I used to collect lip balm



I like wearing eyeliner

I don't know why but I love posting and receiving packages 

I discovered painting in drawing in and enjoy and prefer painting in them now

I love reading fashion magazines purely for the design and layout of them

I enjoy recording museums and sighting I visit in a little sketchbook


I started these representations of eye liner off but I thought it was a bit boring just drawing a line of eyeliner so I developed it into an eye with eyeliner and drawing around the bottle and adding simple detailing






The next task I have to do with my drawings and my objects  is bury them in a time capsule so they can be dug up in 2023. I thought about burying them in my garden but I don't own a shovel and I think my family will be moving house in the next couple of years so I will not be able to retrieve them 10 years from now. So i decided to 'bury' them in my attic and transfer them to the next attic in my next house. I think the attic will be a good place to 'bury' my time capsule as it won't get disturbed and many people store past personal memories in their attics for safe keeping. I will bury my time capsule at midday as it will be a easy time to remember in the future and I will leave a note to my future self stating why I've left the items and what I will hope for the future. I will document the burial with photographs and upload to my next blog post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment