Wednesday 30 October 2013

STYLE'ATHON

Today we did styling which I really enjoyed as I love mixing things together and creating styles with interesting textures and colours.

First we were shown a presentation on famous photographers and stylist from well know magazines. Magazines we were shown were I.D., Dansk, The Face, Wonderland, USED and Vogue. We were also shown how editorials are made and what they consist of. For example how set designs are created and that they don't need to be big permanent structures.

Here are my notes from the presentation:



 After the presentation we had to present our photo booth photos to the class. To be honest I'm not to sure what the point of the task was but I think it was to show our style and what our photos consisted of i.e. the background and what we decided to include in our photo.

 These were my photos, I just used my camera to take the photos and then used a website that transforms your photos into a photo booth style print.


The next task of the day was to do some styling. First we had to lay all the clothing, accessories and props we had to collect prior to the lesson. I brought in items that match my style and mood board. My items consisted of a velvet crop top, a floral shirt, sunglasses, glasses, jewellery and headphones.


We had to then get into a small group and style each other with our items. This is my styled look that Charlotte modeled fro me:




These are photos from Charlotte and Stephanie's styling. I was the model for both:

Charlottle's styling. I inserted a picture of the painting, The Girl with the Pearl Earring as I thought the whole outfit especially the head tie reminded me of the painting.

This was Stephanie's styling
After we had to mix all three of our items together and style them. This was our overall look, this is one of my favourites as I really like the mix of fur, glitter and floral. This look definitely matches my mood board and my style.

After we finished using each others items we had to swap with a different groups items in the class. Our group got swapped with a boys group which was fun as we could do a masculine, boyfriend look. We decided to make the look vibrant with knitted and slouchy items. Charlotte and Stephanie were the model for this look and decided to make the poses fun and relaxed:






No comments:

Post a Comment