Tuesday 8 October 2013

Day 14: 3D - Spaghetti Sculpture

Today I had to make a structure out of 20 strands of spaghetti to hold 3 balls together that didn't touch.

We were supposed to start off using blue tack but it was really fiddly and wasn't sticking so I just got stuck in using the glue gun. I decided to take the approach of using two strands of spaghetti for the outer walls. I also decided to make a strong triangle and cross design for my structure.

The basic frame

I added these crosses for extra support and so the balls wouldn't fall out from the bottom


This was my final product before I altered it again
I added 5 sets of legs so it rise off the ground
When I was photographing my end result Geoff came over and told me that my balls were touching. I actually didn't know that  it was an instruction for them not to touch. Technically the green and yellow ball weren't touching and were about 2mm apart but I decided to develop my structure as I had extra time.








I really like using these little model for scale and they create great shadows with the light






Here is where I added another tier so the ball were well and truly apart:




I also experimented with my structure and discovered it could become a pen holder.


These were everyone's  final structures 

No comments:

Post a Comment