Wednesday 30 October 2013

Styling - Planning Photoshot

Our finished project for this styling day is to create a editorial that is due for next Wednesday. In today's class we had to plan our photo shoot by creating 5  quick simple mood boards which include Location, Hair & Make up, Styling, Mood/Lighting and Poses. The point of creating these mood boards is to learn how professional editorials are planned.

These are some notes I wrote before searching images on the internet
These are my final visual mood boards fro my storyboard:

The styling in my photo shoot is going to be very floral but with a added masculine touch with loose shirts and oversized jackets.

The location of my shoot is mainly going to be in my bedroom as I think it will add the touch of a personal space. I'm going to use paintings and magazine clipping in the background to add to my scene.

I want my make- up to be simple; winged eyeliner and nude or dark lips. I want my hair to be straight with an extreme side parting as I think it is quite a sports/masculine look to add to the masculine side of my look. I also want to do some crown plaits to other photos as I think the style is more feminine and link with the traditional painting style.

For my poses I want them to be in a portrait style as I want the mood of a figure having a still posture, one that may look as if they are having themselves painted. I'm going to have a mix between relax and wooden poses.

The mood/lighting for my shoot is going to either be a high exposed black and white photograph or a dreamy, disposable camera photograph look. I want all my photos to have a retro photograph look as I think it gives photographs a still, "captured in the moment" ambiance. 



No comments:

Post a Comment