Friday 25 October 2013

Moodboard

The first task of Fashion & Textiles was to crate a mood board on things that inspire me in fashion. I created my mood board on Photoshop as I recently downloaded it and wanted to mess around with it. I also chose to use Photoshop as it was easier to transport my photos from my Tumblr. 


My mood board has two sides to it, one being a black, Gothic, tough side and the other being the floral pastels. In fashion I really like textures like mesh, lace,velvet and silk, i'm also really into floral designs. While I was making my mood board I was thinking why I like these specific textures and patterns and I realised it's from my love of traditional paintings, many that I learned from A Level History of Art. I added some of these paintings and architecture into my mood board. Paintings such as The Lady of Shallot, The Vision of Faust and Lady Agnew of Lochnaw and art movements like Art Nouveau, The Pre Raphaelites and The Renaissance affect my fashion. Paintings like these inspire my fashion as they symbolise pureness and nature to me through the scenery and the sublime figures. I think traditional paintings more so influence my pastel side and I think Gothic and Baroque styled architecture influence the darker side. Overall I think my fashion is inspire by traditional art and architecture.

The Lady of Shalott, 1888, Joh William Waterhouse

Lady Agnew of Lochnaw, 1892, John Singer Sargent 
The Vision of Faust, 1878, Luis Ricardo Falero


No comments:

Post a Comment