Tuesday 8 October 2013

Day 14: 3D - Spaghetti Shield

The last task was to create a shield for my structure as Geoff had a secret heavy weight to try and destruct them with. We were aloud to use x1 A1 cartridge paper and x2 A3 print paper and glue. I decided to create a top cover for my structure. I scrunched it up because I thought it might help the impact (I don't know if it did). I then added folder paper around the middle and centre as that might help the impact. I also added some cylinder tubes inside with the spare paper I had left over as I thought it would keep my structure together.



Coiled tubes inside




Photo shot from low angle to create a powerful atmosphere

Class's designs

Class's designs
So the secret heavy weight was a basket ball! This is how some people's work got on:


My sculpture survive the first bounce but smashed on the second try which I'm pleased about because a lot of the sculptures broke on the first attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment