Monday 10 March 2014

Final Major Project - Project Propasl

This is the first draft of my project proposal which may change altered later on in my project.

UAL Awarding Body - Foundation
Candidate Number:
Pathway: Fashion and Textiles (Fashion Promotion)
Project Title: Mental Illness
Review
Up to now on my Fashion and Textiles course I progressed and achieved a number of things. I believe I have learnt how to plan and develop my projects better by making more notes and taking screen grabs of my work along the way. This skill I have developed has helped me to present my work in a clearer state for my sketch book, portfolio and blog. I have also enjoyed learning the new skill of using the laser cutter. In correlation to using the laser cutter I have learnt how to use Illustrator. I have gained useful skills such as how to image trace and how to set the correct colours in order for the laser cutter software to recognise what to rasterise and vectorise.
I have chosen this pathway of Fashion and Textiles (Fashion Promotion) as I want to further my knowledge of promotion within fashion. This pathway has helped me choose my project proposal by helping me link a creative art to mental illness which will help me advocate awareness in a visually pleasing way.
Project Concept
Many Designers, Artists and notable names in the creative arts have suffered from a mental illness. Big names such as Alexander McQueen and Isabella Blow have suffered from a mental disorder which may have not affected their successful business life visually but caused a great effect to their personal life which has unfortunately ended their so-called acclaimed lives.
The concept of my project is to dive into the effects of mental illnesses within the creative arts and to present it in a Zine and/or creative product.  I will be researching a number of subjects in this project such as the history of mental illness within the creative business and if mental illness is on the rise within the creative arts. I want to try and resolve whether or not mental disorders have a physical impact on the work of these designers and artist.
I hope this project seeks to introduce me to practical methods and skills like using the software InDesign and introducing myself into different materials to use on the laser cutter. I have to keep in mind that I may not be able to be taught or learn a sufficient amount of skills when using InDesign which could affect my project. When it comes to using the laser cutter there are a number of possibilities that could go wrong some of which could be the laser cutter being fully booked or I may not be able to use a desired material.
Evaluation
Within this project I am hoping to inform the effects of mental disorder of people within the creative arts in a visually engaging way. I do not want my product to be a negative recognition of mental illness but to form a respect of the difficulties of these disorders and how/if they show an effect in the work of these people.

I am going to check my daily process by creating and keeping an action plan, which would help me with my time management. I am also going to record my daily progress by keeping and updating a sketchbook and a blog, which will help me display and organise my work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment