Monday 18 November 2013

Industry Project - Week 1

Our project for the next 2 weeks is become a fashion house as a certain brand has disappeared/died. I have been put into a group of seven each of us having a role to create a overall collection. My fashion brand is Mary Katrantzou. The team consist of 2 Designers, 2 Textile Print Designers, 1 Accessories Designer and 2 Fashion Promoters. In the team I am the Fashion Promoter  and my role is to cover the campaign, lookbook, invites and catwalk.

This is some research I did before. I noticed the Katrantzou's prints reminded me of a stain glass picture and I decided to try a replicate that in my campaign and catwalk.Katrantzou's print colours also reminded of a watercolor painting and the shapes like Gustav Klimt's paintings. I'm keeping these aspects in mind to use throughout my work.


In my group we decided to base our collection on opulence vs urban as we wanted to keep Katrantzou's Greek origins in our collection but to also include London as our culture. We also were given two quotes to work from, we decided to use on of the quotes which was,
There are massive gaps in this essay, it is broken and re- wound, not always knowing and yet searching. Respond. Exchange. Converse. Be a traveler in this novel. Even if only for a while. 
 As a group we decided to pick up on the words 'massive gaps', 'broken' and 'traveler', as we thought Katrantzou's prints have gaps and are broken in places. We also picked up on the word traveler as we knew Katrantzou often uses her heritage in her work and thought it was a good fit.

Developing concept

No comments:

Post a Comment