Monday 18 November 2013

Industry Project : Prints and Catwalk

As Mary Katrantzou's garments are heavily print design the whole team depends on the Textile Designer's but while I wait for the prints I decided to make my own as an example for the overall product.

These are the prints I made:




I then started thinking about the catwalk, I want to make the prints the main subject so I came up the idea of using a projector. I'm thinking a projecting prints onto the garments so the model becomes lost in the print and become like a watercolor painting.

These are some plans I made for the catwalk projection:



I got the inspiration from a Wild Belle video:



I then started to experiment with my print and the projector on the mannequin:


This is one of the examples
I also got Rebecca one of my group members to model for me as an example of how I want the finished idea to look like:


I then decided to go on Photoshop and make examples of how I want the projection to look like on the catwalk:



After I decided where the location of the catwalk show (the British Museum) would be and recieveing some of the actual prints from the Textile Designer I decided to create the final catwalk layout on Photoshop:


No comments:

Post a Comment