Friday 10 January 2014

Deconstruction/Reconstruction (Tuesday)

This weeks project is based on Deconstruction and Reconstruction. Prior to the lesson we had to collect a variety of  clothing to work with for the next couple of weeks. The clothing I chose are mostly shirts and knitwear as I really like the tailored look that is relaxed with baggy knitwear.

In Tuesday's lesson I had to style a few outfits with the clothing I had brought in.


I then had to deconstruct my garments and reconstruct them into new pieces of clothing.


After that I focused on some of the detailing and made a few quick sketches that I could develop and include later on in my final piece.



Overall I didn't really enjoy this day as I'm not into Fashion Design especially reconstruction as I am more of a Fashion Promotion student. I'm trying to put all my effort into it although it is hard when I really don't find it interesting.  I think I would prefer it I was able to just use one deconstructed garment with new fabric as I could make it more aesthetically pleasing whereas I think this work looks a bit shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment